Hawthorn School District 73
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Office of the Superintendent
- Hawthorn PTO
- Aspen Elementary
- Elementary North
- Elementary South
- Middle North
- Middle South
- Townline Elementary
- Hawthorn School of Dual Language
- Hawthorn Early Learning
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute
- Community Notes
- District Address / Directions
- School Report Cards
- Hawthorn Strategic Plan
Most Popular News
Latest News and Info
- Strategic Plan Project
For information, check the web article, Hawthorn Joins with Center for Educational Change to Develop Strategic Plan as well as the group’s Wiki site.
- Next Board of Ed Meeting – Friday, Dec. 20 at 7 a.m.
Please note that due to the upcoming Winter Break, the next regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting will be on Friday, December 20 beginning at 7 a.m. at District Office, 841 West End Court, Vernon Hills. Note the this is an even earlier start time than shown on previous calendars. More information is at www.hawthorn73.org/schoolboard.
- Incoming Kindergarten Parent Meeting – January 30
Parents who are interested in enrolling their students into Hawthorn kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year are urged to attend a Parent Information Meeting on Thursday, January 30 beginning at 7 p.m. at Hawthorn Middle South. More information is available on the related article.
- Aspen Enrollment Counter
Based on the recommendation of the AYP Committee, the Board of Education has asked administration to keep the community informed of Aspen Elementary’s projected enrollment figures and class size averages. These numbers will be updated weekly.
Please Visit Community Notes. You’ll find information about parent meetings, day-off children’s activities, sports camps, Park District events, winter book clubs and more.
Most Hawthorn meetings begin at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Strategic Plan Group Meeting – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Townline – December 14
- Hawthorn Spirit Invitational – 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Hawthorn Middle South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills – Sunday, December 15
- PTO Market Day Pick Up at Middle North – 3 to 5 p.m. – December 19
- Board of Education Meeting – 7 a.m. at District Office (Note the earlier start time; Friday morning meeting due to Winter Break) – Friday, December 20
- NO SCHOOL FOR WINTER BREAK (D73 offices closed) – Monday, December 23 through Friday, January 3
- School Resumes – Monday, January 6
- PTO Board Meeting – January 8
- Middle North/Middle South Late Winter Athletic Parent Meeting – 6 p.m. – January 9
- Middle North/Middle South Early Winter Athletic Awards – 7 p.m. – January 9
- Strategic Plan Group Meeting – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Townline – January 11
- Carmel Catholic High School Entrance Exam – 8 a.m. to noon at Carmel HS – January 11
- Board of Education Meeting – 7 p.m. at District Office – January 13
- Middle North/Townline/Dual Language Choral Concert at Middle North – January 14
- Elementary North/Townline/Dual Language Orchestra Concert at Townline – January 16
- Aspen/Elementary South Band Concert at Aspen – January 16
- NO SCHOOL FOR MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY – Monday, January 21
- VHHS 8th Grade Orientation at VHHS – 6 or 6:30 p.m. start – January 21
- Elementary North Band Concert – January 22
- Middle South/VHHS Orchestra Concert – 7 p.m. at VHHS – January 22
- Townline/Dual Language Band Concert – January 23
- Middle South Orchestra Performs at IMEA All-State Conference – 11 a.m. at Peoria Convention Center – January 24
A more complete online calendar is always available from a link at the top of this webpage. You may download the 2013-14 general holiday calendar as well as the full 2013-14 calendar, which is also available in Spanish. Please check back for schedule changes.
Handbooks, medical forms, downloadable calendars, district data and other resources are available on the Forms & Documents webpage.
Stay up-to-date on community events, announcements and opportunities by visiting the Community Notes webpages
In Other News
Please click below for news about our students and schools, including academic honors, service projects, music productions and more…