Hawthorn School District 73
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Office of the Superintendent
- Hawthorn PTO
- Support our Schools
- Aspen Elementary
- Elementary North
- Elementary South
- Middle North
- Middle South
- Townline Elementary
- Hawthorn School of Dual Language
- Hawthorn Pre K Program
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute
- Community Notes
- District Address / Directions
- School Report Cards
Most Popular News
Latest News and Info
- Summer Hours – Monday through Thursday
Over the summer, District Office will be open to the public Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. We will register students who are new to the district beginning on July 8, with registration available until 3 p.m. each day. (For registration information, visit www.hawthorn73.org/registration.)
- Current Student Registration is Past Due.
Registration SnapCodes were provided to all current students starting on April 15. Parents were asked to use the SnapCodes to go online to complete student registration by May 6. If you have not yet registered online, please do so right away. Students entering grades 3 and 6 must also complete Residency Verification. Students not registered by July 1 will be dropped from enrollment. More information is at www.hawthorn73.org/registration.
- Aspen Enrollment Counter
Based on the recommendation of the AYP Committee, the Board of Education has asked administration to keep the community informed of Aspen Elementary’s projected enrollment figures and class size averages. These numbers will be updated weekly.
- Summer Program Registration Information
The course catalog and online registration site for Hawthorn Enrichment Institute 2013 is now open! You can also sign up for Hawthorn Band/Orchestra Camp. For all summer programs, visit http://www.hawthorn73.org/summerprograms for details!
Please Visit Community Notes. You’ll find information about parent meetings, day-off children’s activities, sports camps, Park District events, winter book clubs and more.
Most Hawthorn meetings begin at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute (HEI) Session 1 Begins – June 17
- Summer Scholars First Session Begins – June 17
- Market Day Pick Up – 3 to 5 p.m. at Middle North – June 20
- Board of Ed Meeting – 7 p.m. at Hawthorn District Office – June 24
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute (HEI) Session 2 Begins – July 8
- Board of Ed Meeting – 7 p.m. at Hawthorn District Office – July 8
- Bus Freeze Deadline – July 19
- Hawthorn Band/Orchestra Camp Begins – July 22
- Board of Ed Meeting – 7 p.m. at Hawthorn District Office – July 22
- Hawthorn Band/Orchestra Camp Concert – 1 p.m. at Middle South – August 22
- Summer Scholars Second Session Begins – August 5
- Board of Ed Meeting – 7 p.m. at Hawthorn District Office – August 12
- TL/ES/DL Kindergarten/New Student Parent Meetings – 7 p.m. at your school
- EN/AS Kindergarten/New Student Parent Meetings – 7 p.m. at your school
- Kindergarten Practice Bus Ride (by RSVP) – August 16
- New Teacher Orientation – August 15 and 16
- Teacher Institute Days (no school for students) – August 19 and 20
- ES Family Night – 6:30 p.m. – August 19
- Elementary Get Acquainted Times – 1 to 2:30 p.m. at your elementary school – August 20
- 6th Grade Orientation – noon to 2 p.m. at your middle school – August 20
- MN/MS Walk Your Schedule for students and families – 2 to 3 p.m. at your middle school – August 20
- MN/MS New Student/Family Orientation for families new to the district – 2 to 3 p.m. at your middle school – August 20
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ALL STUDENTS – Wednesday, August 21
A more complete online calendar is always available from a link at the top of this webpage. Looking ahead, you may download the 2013-14 general holiday calendar as well as the full 2013-14 calendar, which is also available in Spanish. Please check back for schedule changes.
Handbooks, medical forms, downloadable calendars, district data and other resources are available on the Forms & Documents webpage.
Stay up-to-date on community events, announcements and opportunities by visiting the Community Notes webpages
In Other News
During the June 10 meeting of the Hawthorn Board of Education, PTO representatives presented the district with a check for $80,000! Of this amount, $36,000 has been earmarked for a three-year technology enhancement effort to benefit all of our schools and students. The remaining $44,000 will be distributed to schools based on the number of students in each building.
In addition to the cash disbursement of $80,000, the PTO has provided more than $14,000 for programs and communications services during the school year, and $21,000 in free books and educational materials earned through the Book Fairs. In all, our PTO organization has contributed nearly $115,000 in cash and value to Hawthorn students to be used during the 2013-14 school year.
Thank you to all of the parents and community partners who so generously support PTO fundraising efforts and activities, and to PTO volunteers who make all of this possible. For more information about all that PTO does for our students and schools, please read the Hawthorn PTO Financial Newsletter.